Call Us:Office phone:+86-311-86954186
Blueberry is not only rich in nutrients but also has many nutritional health care function, including boosting immune system, reducing blood pressure and blood sugar, soften blood vessels and prevent arteriosclerosis. However, kidney disease patients usually have a limited diet, so is it good for kidney disease patients to eat blueberry?
Generally speaking, chronic kidney disease patients can eat blueberry. And in the following we will tell you the reason in detailed information.
1. The flavonoid in the blueberry is able to reduce blood pressure. High blood pressure is a major cause for kidney disease and it will also worsen your kidney disease condition. Reduced blood pressure can alleviate your health condition to some extent. Thus, patients are suitable to eat blueberry properly and moderately.
2. For diabetic nephropathy patients, eating blueberry correctly enables to lower high blood sugar and good for their health conditions.
3. Blueberry is a kind of low potassium food. Those with advanced kidney disease often have to limit their potassium intake, because diseased kidneys are unable to keep potassium levels between 3.5 and 5.0 mEq/L. In this case, potassium level is going to rise to dangerous levels, putting patients at risk of irregular heartbeat and even heart attack. Therefore, kidney disease patients are allowed to eat blueberries.
4. The elements like manganese element and zinc in blueberry contribute to the treatment of kidney disease.
5. Blueberry is able to decrease high cholesterol so as to prevent arteriosclerosis and keep angiocarpy healthy.
6. Blueberry contains nutritious vitamin, minerals and fibers and other nutrients. Eating blueberry regularly and routinely can boost immune system and improve your body quality.
From the above, we can see blueberries are good to improve kidney function and can be regarded as low-potassium and low phosphorus foods. Thus, people with chronic kidney disease can consume blueberries. However, it does not mean all patients can eat it. If you are kidney disease patients but want to consume blueberries, you should consult the online doctor before eating it.
Leave your problem to us,You will surely get the free medical advice from experts within 24 hours!